Welcome to the SAAA Member area! Part of the content on this page is password controlled and for the exclusive use of the SAAA membership and its affiliates. However we have been asked by the SAAA members and our sponsors to place our COVID-19 and Attraction Reopening resources related information to be available for all. The password control content on this page, which actually accesses the SAAA Google Drive folder, contains Executive Board meeting packets and Membership meeting materials. Access is reached by clicking the button below.
SOUTHERN ARIZONA ATTRACTIONS
UPDATED COVID-19 RELAUNCH RESOURCE PAGE*
June 17, 2020, AZ Governor’s Office updated some of the guidelines for businesses. They are located below:
The City of Tucson mayor amended her executive order requiring everyone to wear “face coverings” in public. Pima County will most likely on June 19, mandate the use of “face coverings” as well. Most attractions nationwide have already included a mandate for both employees and attraction visitors to wear appropriate masks while enjoying the facility. Some exceptions with folks in these attraction plans, due to medical conditions, do not have to wear as face coverings but are made aware of the increased risks. As the guidelines are subject to change, please be sure you are viewing the latest. For Pima County you can always via the latest info regarding COVID-19 and related information on pima.gov/covid19.
June 11, 2020, SAAA conducted another in our series of educational webinars on “Developing a Relaunch Plan for Your Attraction. The resources and video from the webinar are located below.
May 7, 2020, the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance conducted a webinar on sharing information from attraction professionals on “Developing a Plan to Relaunch Your Attraction”. An audio and video recording were done. Video is available as well below. Many excellent ideas were communicated during the webinar. Most of the “best practice” links are located below.
Since most attractions have some kind of food & beverage with outdoor seating and generally have retail shop(s), I have provided those “Best Practice” recommendations from the state of Arizona and Pima County’s most recent recommendations from the B2B task committee as well as other resources from the webinars. Tthe SAAA encourages you to reach out to any of the individuals who were on the webinar panel. Additionally, we would appreciate if you would share any resources with the group as they become available through email@example.com. As always, any questions, please direct them to Tom Moulton at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist. Thank you!
SAAA Webinars of Reopening Plans
- May 7: Relaunch Attractions Planning, May 7, 2020 (Audio and Video Version)
- June 11: Relaunch Best Practices
THE LATEST UPDATES FROM STATE OF ARIZONA (As of June 17, 2020)
BEST PRACTICES PLANS
- Pima County Reopening Considerations for Attractions & Tourism Industry
- Pima County Considerations For Attractions Guidelines
- Intl Association Amusements Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) IAAPA COVID-19 Reopening Guidance
- Guidance for restaurants: State of AZ
- Pima County: Restaurants and Bars
- Pima County: Outdoors:
- Guidance for Reopening Retail
- Return to Work Action Plan
- Museums Reopening Plans
- Overall Arts Response – All Disciplines
- Wallace Foundation – Financial Planning
- Reopening AZ: An Update for AZ Employers
- Sample Plan for Indoor Face-to-Face Activity
- CDC recommendations Reopening your business
- Workplace Readiness
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas Reopening Safety Plan
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor (Phoenix) Reopening Safety Plan
- Tennessee Attractions, Large Venues & Large Community Events
- Orlando Attraction Operating Plans
- Economic Discovery Task Force Committee
- Task Force Video Feeds (See Actual Attraction Reopening Plan http://orangecountyfl.net/EconomicDevelopment/EconomicRecoveryTaskForce.aspx#.XuqZw0VKjIX
- Cleaning supplies that the government are effective in killing COVID-19
- PPE Equipment Opportunity
Tucson Safety Medical: Gerald Long, 745-8500
Williams & Associates: Kola Janoff, 628-7267
Pima County One-Stop Resource B2B site
- Gadabout Reopening Plan
- Local Restaurant Opening Plans
*Resource pages included as informational only to assist the SAAA membership. Any questions please contact either the speaker or author of the document or the SAAA. As of June 17, 2020
The SAAA has membership meetings on the second Thursday of the month. All meetings begin at 8:30am unless otherwise specified. Here is a list of the upcoming meetings:
- July 22-24 Virtual AZ Governor’s Conference on Tourism, Registration is Free this year for all SAAA members
- June 11, 2020 Webinar featuring Jason Freeman, Six Flags Corporation VP of Safety on Reopening your Attraction, 8:30am – 10:00am
- May 7, 2020 Webinar featuring various industry experts on Reopening your attraction.
- April 9, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- January 16, 2020 Annual Meeting at Casino Del Sol
Not a member? If you are interested in SAAA membership, please check out this page.