Founded in 1998, the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance, a 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization was created to develop innovative marketing techniques in collaboration with other Arizona tourism boards to enhance awareness of the variety of educational and entertainment activities available in our communities to cooperatively promote tourism and visitation in southern Arizona. Founding organizations included Old Tucson, Arizona Aerospace Foundation, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Visit Tucson (MTCVB).
The SAAA is supported in part by Pima County, and Visit Tucson.
The mission of the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance is to increase awareness of and drive visitation to the Alliance member attractions through marketing, education and advocacy.
- Tucson Attractions Passport
- Tucson Attractions Map Brochure
- Tucson Attractions Website
- Social Media Postings
- Co-Operative Advertising and Outreach
- Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Educational Topic
- SAAA Pledge of Practice
- Annual Meeting of Attractions
- Protect the interests of the Southern Arizona Attractions
- Partner with DMO’s, local and state governments
- President: Nick Letson, Sonoran Glass School
- Past President: Laura Cortelyou, Discover Marana
- Vice President: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona Branding & Marketing (University of Arizona Attractions)
- Secretary: Darlene Lizarraga, University of Arizona – Arizona State Museum
- Treasurer: Kris Siuda, Main Gate Square (Marshall Foundation)
Committee Chairs/Board Directors:
- Marketing: Mary Davis, Old Tucson
- Laura Cortelyou, Town of Marana
- Programs: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona
- Outreach: Shipherd Reed , Flandrau Science Center
- Jalyssa Gasmen , Visit Tucson
- Executive Director: Tom Moulton, TMoulton@TucsonAttractions.com 520-940-2755
- Accounting Manager: Mary Deasy, Accounting@TucsonAttractions.com 520-499-2662
- Sales Manager (Passport), Jerry Marble, email@example.com 520-499-2662
The SAAA has membership meetings on the second Thursday of the month. All meetings begin at 8:30 am and are held at various attractions and member locations throughout Tucson.
- November 14, 2019 Reid Park Zoo (Docents and Volunteer Programs), Tour of the Zoo and Update on Zoo Master Plan
- December 12, 2019 Holiday Party, Gift Exchange, Immediate Family are welcome to Attend, Location TBA, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- January 16, 2020, SAAA Annual Meeting and Workshop, Invite your Executive Director/General Manager and Department Managers, Location TBA 8:30 – 11:30 am,