Founded in 1998, the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance, a 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization, was created to develop innovative marketing techniques in collaboration with other Arizona tourism boards to enhance awareness of the variety of educational and entertainment activities available in our communities to cooperatively promote tourism and visitation in southern Arizona. Founding organizations included Old Tucson, Arizona Aerospace Foundation, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Visit Tucson (MTCVB).
The SAAA is supported in part by Visit Tucson & Pima County.
The mission of the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance is to increase awareness of and drive visitation to the Alliance member attractions through marketing, education and advocacy.
Primary Marketing Vehicles
- Tucson Attractions Passport
- Tucson Attractions Map Brochure
- Tucson Attractions Website
- Social Media Postings
- Co-Operative Advertising and Outreach
- Ambassador Showcase of the Attractions
- Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Educational Topic
- SAAA Pledge of Practice
- Annual Meeting of Attractions
- Protect the interests of the Southern Arizona Attractions
- Partner with DMO’s, local and state governments, Chambers, Cultural Organizations and others
- President: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona Branding & Marketing (University of Arizona Attractions)
- Past President: Laura Cortelyou, Discover Marana
- Vice President: Vacant
- Treasurer: Laura Cortelyou, Discover Marana, Economic Development Department
Committee Chairs/Board Directors:
- Marketing: Kris Siuda, Main Gate Square
- Programs: Hillary, Diamond Transportation
- Outreach: Pamela Traficanti, Visit Tucson
- Kat Rumbley, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Debbie McKinion, Arizona Historical Society
- Stan Martin, Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum & Committee
- Executive Director: Tom Moulton, TMoulton@TucsonAttractions.com 520-940-2755
- Accounting Manager: Mary Deasy, Accounting@TucsonAttractions.com 520-499-2662
- Sales & Operations Manager (Passport), Tim Vimmerstedt, firstname.lastname@example.org 520-499-2662
Membership is open to attractions and businesses involved in tourism located in southern Arizona.
The SAAA has membership meetings are mostly on the second Thursday of the month, except Showcase and Holiday Function. Most meetings begin at 8:30 am and are held at various attractions and member locations throughout Tucson. Attraction co-workers and quests of attractions are encouraged.
Thursday, September 9: General Member Meeting – Arizona History Museum 8:30 am – 10 am