Founded in 1998, the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance, a 501 (c)(6) non-profit organization, was created to develop innovative marketing techniques in collaboration with other Arizona tourism boards to enhance awareness of the variety of educational and entertainment activities available in our communities to cooperatively promote tourism and visitation in southern Arizona. Founding organizations included Old Tucson, Arizona Aerospace Foundation, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Visit Tucson (MTCVB).
The SAAA is supported in part by Visit Tucson, Pima County & University of Arizona
The mission of the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance is to increase awareness of and drive visitation to the Alliance member attractions through marketing, education and advocacy.
Primary Marketing Vehicles
- Tucson Attractions Passport
- Tucson Attractions Map Brochure
- Tucson Attractions Website
- VIsitWidget – A planning ad for the Desktop and a app for your Smartphone
- Social Media Postings
- Co-Operative Advertising and Outreach/Advocacy
- Annual Meeting with educational programming
- Ambassador Showcase of the Attractions
- Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Educational Topic
- SAAA Pledge of Practice
- Annual Meeting of Attractions
- Protect the interests of the Southern Arizona Attractions
- Partner with DMO’s, local and state governments, Chambers, Cultural Organizations and others
Our 2023 Board of Directors
- President: Hillary Louarti, Diamond Transportation
- Past President: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona
- Vice President:
- Secretary: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona Marketing and Communications
- Treasurer: Shawn Riser, Marketing Director, Marshal Foundation
Board Directors/Committee Chairs:
- Marketing: Katie Bailey, Publisher/Owner, Tucson Guide Magazine, Nick Letson, Marketing, Flandrau Science Center and Planatarium; Non-Board Members: Joan Lee, Linda Fahey
- Membership: Wendi Rountree, University of Arizona Branding & Marketing (University of Arizona Attractions)
- Programs: Stan Martin, Tucson Rodeo Parade Museum & Committee
- Outreach: Pamela Traficanti, Visit Tucson, Debbie McKinion, Arizona Historical Society (At-Large Director)
- Peter Tsai, MicroVactions (At-Large Director)
- Debbie McKinion, Arizona Historical Society (At-Large Director)
- Executive Director: Tom Moulton, TMoulton@TucsonAttractions.com 520-940-2755
- Accounting Manager: Meisha Burrows, Accounting@TucsonAttractions.com 520-499-2662
- Sales Coordinator: Tom Ritorto, Sales@TucsonAttractions.com 520-499-2662
Membership is open to attractions and businesses involved in tourism located in southern Arizona.
The SAAA has membership meetings are mostly on the second Thursday of the month, except Showcase and Holiday Function. Most meetings begin at 8:30 am and are held at various attractions and member locations throughout Tucson. Attraction co-workers, guests and prospective members are encouraged to attend. Most meetings have an educational program.
New 2023 Schedule Coming Soon!
March 9: 24th SAAA Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony
From time to time we will list jobs within the Attractions industry in southern Arizona
- Pima County Attractions and Tourism Program Manager – Unclassified (Leased Properties Program Manager) – 7150 (Apply Now!)