Founded in 1998, the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance was created to develop innovative marketing techniques in collaboration with other Arizona tourism boards to enhance awareness of the variety of educational and entertainment activities available in our communities to cooperatively promote tourism and visitation in southern Arizona.
The SAAA is a partnership organization with Pima County and Visit Tucson.
The mission of the Southern Arizona Attractions Alliance is to increase awareness of and drive visitation to the Alliance member attractions through marketing, education and advocacy.
- Tucson Attractions Passport
- Tucson Attractions Map Brochure
- Tucson Attractions Website
- Social Media Postings
- Co-Operative Advertising and Outreach
- Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Educational Topic
- SAAA Pledge of Practice
- Annual Meeting of Attractions
- Protect the interests of the Southern Arizona Attractions
- Partner with DMO’s, local and state governments
- President: Laura Cortelyou, Discover Marana
- Vice President: vacant
- Secretary: Nick Letson, Sonoran Glass School
- Treasurer: Gail Brown, Reid Park Zoo
- Past President: vacant
- Marketing: Catherine Strickland, Pima County
- Social Media: Catherine Strickland, Pima County
- Membership: Jim Gressinger, Southern Arizona Guide
- Programs: Laura Cortelyou, Tucson Museum of Art
- Passport Sales: Tom Moulton, Pima County
- Outreach: Brooke Hamlett, Visit Tucson
The SAAA has membership meetings on the second Thursday of the month. All meetings begin at 8:30AM and will be held at the Arizona History Museum (949 E. 2nd Street, Tucson, AZ 85719) unless otherwise specified.
- January 12, 2017 Annual Meeting and Awards at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel, Tucson Airport 11:30am – 1:30pm
- February 9, 2017 Celebrity Marketing Panel
- March 9, 2017 Tradeshow Outreach Opportunities for Members
- April 13, 2017 Marketing Plan for the 15th Edition Passport
- May 11, 2017 Visit Tucson Marketing Campaigns & Project Updates
- June 8, 2017 Field Trip–TBD
- July 13, 2017 Governor’s Conference on Tourism in Phoenix, AZ
- August 10, 2017 Phoenix Roadshow Field Trip–TBA
- September 7, 2017 Passport Launch Party at the Mini-Time Machine Museum of Miniatures
- October 12, 2017 Tourism Gurus Panel
- November 9, 2017 Outreach Tradeshow at University of Arizona Student Union 8:30am – 2:00pm
- December 7, 2017 Holiday Party at Reid Park Zoo, home of Zoo Lights!